Our History

 

Memorial Drive Lutheran Church was established in 1959. It began with the purchase of four acres of land at the corner of Memorial Drive and Gessner in October 1958.

The Department of American Missions of the Evangelical Lutheran Church paid approximately $40,000 for the site and home on Kilts Drive that would serve as the parsonage. The building that is now the Fellowship Hall was constructed in March 1959 and served as the first worship center.

Pastor Jack Lein arrived with his family in April, and on June 14, 1959, the first worship service was held with 76 people in attendance.

 

Memorial Drive Lutheran Church was officially organized as a member congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America on April 3, 1960.


 

 
November 24, 2017

You are invited 

to Join Us
Each Sunday


Sunday Schedule                                 

9:15 Bible Study LR
10:30   Worship CH
11:45

Fellowship

CH
12:00

Youth

Vanco Online Giving

Members Login



Who's Online

Last month November 2017 Next month
S M T W T F S
week 44 1 2 3 4
week 46 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
week 47 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
week 48 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
week 26 27 28 29 30